I was so looking forward to the Celebrate Life Festival last year – I’d even bought tickets in advance… and then I came down with an evil bug that put paid to that rather swiftly. But, fingers crossed, I’m fit as a fiddle and all set to check it out this time around and get down to the taxing business of spoiling my body, stretching my mind and feeding my soul.
The festival will be held at Michael Oak Waldorf School in Kenilworth (Marlow Road) this weekend (29-30 August ’09) from 10am to 5pm. There are all kinds of workshops, talks, demos and films on the go throughout the two days, covering a wide variety of topics.
I particularly like the sound of the following:
- Mystical South America – Elizabeth Bardin (Talk) – Sat 10.30am
- Journey Of The Serpent Sensual Bliss Belly Dance Academy (Workshop) – Sat 3pm
- Sound Journey- Chris Tokalon (Talk) – Sun 10.30am
- The Power of Being Fully Human – Ramesh Ramkumar (Talk) – Sun 2.30pm
- Ancient Toolbox for Modern Times -Julia Tiffin(Talk) – Sun 3.30pm
The accent is on “all things natural, organic, eco-friendly and healthy”. In addition to all the talks, there will also be ongoing events such as drumming, biodanza, tai-chi, a labyrinth and more. And, there’s an organic market, and a fantastic bunch of stallholders, selling everything from hands-on body-soothing treatments to organic goodies to plants, books and crystals.