Right, a quick one this time around – the morning seems to have run away with me, but I really want to keep up with the weekend what’s on.
So, here goes:
- Cape Town Festival of Beer (GREENPOINT) 25-27 November 2010. 12noon – 11pm. A festival of beer – the big brewers and the small. It’s a lovely location, so if the weather holds out, you’re in for a treat (assuming you like beer). (more info)
- A Gift Affair (GARDENS) 26 November 10am-8pm & 27 November 9am-5pm.. Lovely Christmas gift market at Welgemeend Manor, Kloof Street, Gardens. Find handmade gifts for friends and family, and grab a delicious bite to eat afterwards at the deli.
- Festive Fair (SOMERSET WEST) 25-28 November 2010. 4-day gift fair at the lovely Hathersage Farm in Somerset West. Over 100 exhibitors will showcase their work, and there will be plenty to eat too.
- Waldorf Night Market (CONSTANTIA) Friday 26 November 2010. 5pm-9pm . Monthly summer night market at the Constantia Waldorf School, in Spaanschematriver Road (next to Peddlars). It’s a feast of wholesome food and gourmet delights, hand-crafted products and has a wonderfully festive atmosphere. A great way to spend a Friday evening, especially if you’re looking for a laid-back option. Location: Constantia Waldorf School, Spaanschematriver Road, Constantia. 5pm to 9pm (on every last Friday of the month, in summer). Free entry. For more info, contact John on 0826310421.
- Nitida Christmas Night Market (DURBANVILLE) Friday 26 November 2010. 5pm – 930pm. There will be around 50 stalls selling all kinds of Christmas and foodie goodies, and some Christmas carols to get you in the festive spirit (carols start at 6.30pm). Nitida Estate, Durbanville (details)
- Spier Festival of White Lights (STELLENBOSCH) Friday 26 November 2010. Starts 8pm. Spier Estate. I went last year on a lovely warm summer’s evening – and really enjoyed this display of lights and music. Tickets cost R120. (details)
- Hout Bay Green Faire (HOUT BAY) Saturday 27 November 2010. 10 am – 6 pm Kronendal Primary school, Hout Bay. A fair of all things green and sustainable. I’m a bit sad I’m going to miss this, as I still haven’t been!
- Kirstenbosch Craft Market (NEWLANDS) Sunday 28 November 9am-3pm. Always a fab way to spend a Sunday morning, wandering through stalls of homemade goods, and enjoying the superb view of the mountains above Kirstenbosch. (details)
That’s it. I’m sure I’ve probably missed some, so if you know of events you think you should be on this list, please leave them as comments below!
Have a splendiferous summer weekend, y’all.