Annual foodie extravaganza at the Cape Town Convention Centre.
- Chefs in Action Theatre – featuring live demonstrations by BBC Lifestyle chefs and top SA chefs.
- Get Fresh with BBC Lifestyle – exciting hands-on workshops for just 12 people in state-of-the-art kitchens fitted out with ELBA cooking appliances – must be pre-booked!
- Celebrity Chefs’ Restaurant – menu designed by visiting chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Eric Lanlard, Reza Mahammad, Giorgio Locatelli, and Willie Harcourt-Cooze.
- On Your Marks Get Set Cook – chefs prepare a three course meal in under 30 minutes with a bag of surprise ingredients sponsored by Pick n Pay from their range of free-range eggs, imported cheeses and butcher and deli meats.
- Grolsch Beer & Food Theatre – beer and food pairing, with Cotswold brewer Jim Davies
- Interactive Cocktail Arena – sponsored by Roses & Monis – mix your own cocktails!
- Outdoor Theatre – sponsored by Sedgwick’s, Spekko, Weber and Pasella.
- CBeebies Little Cooks Club – cooking classes, cake decorating, a supervised crèche and appearances by CBeebies presenter Sid Sloane.
- The Great Wine Sale – stock your wine cellar with premium wines from SA’s top wine estates at bargain prices!
- Alchemy of Gold Brandy Theatre – taste a variety of local and international premium brandies, learn about food & brandy pairing and how to make brandy cocktails.
- The Stellenbosch Slow Food Market – featuring the best of local fresh produce
- 101 Ways with Vanilla Ice-cream – sponsored by Nestlé, celeb chefs, including Eric Lanlard, will demonstrate the versatility of vanilla ice-cream.
- Books for Cooks – buy great cookbooks signed by the chefs who wrote them!
- The Top Billing Mercedes Benz Garden Party – state of the art meeting point.
Dates are 13-16 May 2010 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. Visit www.gourmetsa.com for more information or to book online, or call 021 797 4500.
- Entry – R80 (includes all Chefs in Action Theatre demonstrations except Gordon Ramsay); Pensioners – R40; Children 2–12 – R40; Children under 2 – Free;
- Get Fresh with BBC Lifestyle Hands-on Workshops – R350 (includes entry)
- Gordon Ramsay Chefs in Action Theatre – R300 (includes entry)